Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Outlook through the solstice certainly not terrible in spite of recent swing and miss

Albany has spent much of the last decade as Mother Nature's favorite snow hole. Not with this most recent storm however and unfortunately it came at our expense as northern Vermont was shut out in spots and on the very short end of the snow stick in the MRV. Here is the map and thanks to the great work of Tomer Borg (@burgwx) for putting these together.






We will continue to enjoy sub-freezing temperatures on the mountain through at least Sunday morning (Dec 8) though valley locations may inch above freezing this Wednesday and Thursday. The snow forecast appears relatively uneventful however. There are two disturbances capable of bringing some snow to northern Vermont but moisture is sparse and we will be heavily dependent on whatever Lake Champlain can provide for us. The first Wednesday night will provide us with about 1-3 and the second arrives as an arctic boundary early Friday appears especially dry and might only be good for a dusting to an inch. Saturday appears to be an excellent visibility day with temperatures in the single numbers in the morning and only near 20 during the afternoon. A milder breeze later Sunday will push temperatures toward the freezing mark in spite of clouds.

The longer range outlook looks a bit muddled today but the muddling is in fact an improvement from two days ago when it appeared as if a tightened Pacific jet stream would simply prevail over everything. We have a mild stretch of weather to contend with early next week, December 9th and 10th with some accompanying wet weather on Tuesday. It is possible that a one day torch pushes temperatures into the 50's during this time frame but it will be short lived with winter making an abrupt return Wednesday.

Both major set of forecast ensembles have moved toward the development of a block in the stream north of Alaska. High latitude blocking of any sort was glaringly absent from the outlook a few days ago and this aforementioned feature will counter a modest tightening of the jet stream in the Pacific. It could very well set the stage for an interesting middle of the month in terms of snow potential though this remains more than a week away. After December 16th, these same forecast ensembles diverge dramatically with the American version showing a full scale ridge west / trough east positive PNA regime while the European counterpart is a lot more mixed. One can just simply look at how the two forecast packages are handling the outlook in Alaska and can easily gauge how different they are.

There is good news in that dissension however since a full-scale torch does not appear to be part of any scenario with the exception of the two day stretch of mild temps early next week.

9 comments:

BillW said...

It’s officially terrible.

Mrs. McCarthy Juan said...




TODAY I GOT MY DESIRED XMAS LOAN AMOUNT $520,000.00 FROM A RELIABLE AND TRUSTED LOAN COMPANY. IF YOU NEED A LOAN NOW EMAIL CONTACT drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

Hello, I'm here to testify of how i got my loan from BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE(drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com) I don't know if you are in need of an urgent loan to pay bills, start business or build a house, they offer all kinds of loan. So feel free to contact Dr. Benjamin Owen he holds all of the information about how to obtain money quickly and painlessly without cost/stress via Email: drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

Consider all your financial problems tackled and solved ASAP. Share this to help a soul right now THANKS.

Unknown said...

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the future! Financing made easy with Prof. Mrs. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS

Have you been looking for financing options for your new business plans, Are you seeking for a loan to expand your existing business, Do you find yourself in a bit of trouble with unpaid bills and you don’t know which way to go or where to turn to? Have you been turned down by your banks? MRS. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS says YES when your banks say NO. Contact us as we offer financial services at a low and affordable interest rate of 2% for long and short term loans. Interested applicants should contact us for further loan acquisition procedures via profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

Services rendered include:

* Refinancing Loans
* Car Loan
* Truck Loans
* COVID-19 Financing Loan
* Home Loan
* Mortgage Loan
* Debt Consolidation Loan
* Farm Loan
* Business Loan [secure and unsecured]
* Personal Loan [secure and unsecured]
* Students Loan and so many others.

For more info; Contact us via Email: profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

With Prof. Mrs. DOROTHY LOAN INVESTMENTS. you can say goodbye to all your financial crisis and difficulties as we are certified, trustworthy, reliable, efficient, fast and dynamic

Ellen Andrews said...


Yes it is possible to recover your stolen bitcoins. I never believed in bitcoin recovery because I was made to understand that it was not possible. However, sometime in February I fell for a forex scam which promised overly high returns and I ended up losing close to $500,000. I searched for a month for help until I finally came across an article on reddit in regards to recovering stolen cryptocurrency so I reached out to them, Recover Btc Help Wizard Charles Group Hackers. I was so scared and skeptical because I have heard of bad experiences but I decided to give them a try and to my greatest surprise I was able to get all my stolen bitcoins recovered from the scammers within a very short time frame. I don’t know if I’m allowed to share the links on here but you can contact them at wizardcharlesgrouphackers@gmail.com to get help.

Willams Smith said...

“I recently enlisted one of personal chargeback recovery services and I must admit I was more than impressed. If you have been a victim of bitcoin or any cryptocurrency scam, I feel like it's my duty to connect you all with a legit hacker like him. I started having a lot of issues with an investment company that goes by the name drip coin when I placed a withdrawal order for 297,000 USD I had with them. The so-called accountant disappeared, the support team did not respond to any of my emails and I thought it was over because I made the payments in crypto but I didn’t give up to have my funds back. Luckily for me with the help of WIZARD WITHNEY BLOCKCHAIRHACK SERVICE I was able to recover my funds. I salute him for his service and I write to others who might need his help in getting their funds back from such companies. His personal info is: Wizardwithneyblockchairhackser(@) gmail(.)com, that is a means you can reach them on.

Peter Prus said...

After falling victim to a cryptocurrency investment scam, my family and I were left with nothing after these swindlers stole $118,000 total in USDT and Bitcoins from us. We were so lucky to come across a post about Hi.Tech [ hi.techrecovery01@protonmail.com ] a cryptocurrency and funds recovery company with plenty of experience in cybersecurity. Hi-Tech Recovery was able to recover all of our funds, and with the information we provided, they were tracked down and reported to the appropriate authorities. I highly recommend Hi.Tech for your cryptocurrency recovery

Contact: hi.techrecovery01@protonmail.com
Telegram: @hitechrecovery

Williams James said...

I can’t find a large table way to express my experience with SACLUX COMPTECH SPECIALS, it was a very awesome transformation. I’ve seen recommendations with respect to SACLUX COMPTECH SPECIALS And I thank you so much for helping me recover my money back from fraud. Check them out if interested in recovering your lost crypto investment and and everyone who has been a victim of bitcoin fraud, I have been waiting for the very day I would write a great testimony about this company, I'm filled with joy and I'm very grateful for seeing the results of what I had invested in the hands of fraudulent was able to recover all my money back. Reach out to them Via: sacluxcomptechspecialst@engineer.com

Linda Anthony said...

Get $2,000 USD everyday for 2 Yeras. Contact for more info email: ( darkwebonlinehackers@gmail.com ) or WhatsApp number : ( +18033921735 )


Get $2,000 USD everyday for 2 Yeras. Contact for more info email: ( darkwebonlinehackers@gmail.com ) or WhatsApp number : ( +18033921735 )


Get $2,000 USD everyday for 2 Yeras. Contact for more info email: ( darkwebonlinehackers@gmail.com ) or WhatsApp number : ( +18033921735 )

financialserviceoffer said...

QUICK EASY EMERGENCY URGENT LOANS LOAN OFFER EVERYONE APPLY NOW +918929509036 financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com Dr. James Eric